The TP Link AX1500 extends the range of your existing internet connection’s wifi signal. TP Link RE505X establishes a network that provides high-speed connectivity and coverage throughout your house or office. Any standard modem or router will work with TP Link. With the TP Link AX1500, you can have dedicated wifi connectivity for your gaming console, smart TV, printer, and other devices.
TP Link RE505X extender Setup With WPS
Follow the instructions below to set up your TP Link RE505X WIFI extender using the WPS method:
- To begin, connect your TP Link RE505X range extender to your main router in the same room.
- Wait for the power light on the AX1500 to turn solid green.
- Now hit the WPS button on your TP Link AX1500 Wi-Fi extender.
- Press the same button on your main router or modem within 1- 2 minutes.
- The WPS lights on both of your devices will be blinking.
- The light on your booster will cease blinking once all four LED lights on the extender are lighted.
- It indicates that the WPS method was used to set up the TP Link RE505X extender.
- Unplug your repeater and plug it in elsewhere in your home or workplace where you have a weak WIFI connection.
How to Manually Setup TP Link RE505 extender
To begin the TP Link RE505X setup, connect your extender to a power source.
Wait until the AX1500 power LED light on the WIFI repeater turns solid green.
Now log in to your PC or laptop and join the RE505X network.
Open a web browser and type tplinkrepeater.net into the address box.
You’ve reached the TP Link RE505X range extender setup page.
To connect your wireless repeater to your existing WIFI network, create a mywifiext login account and follow the instructions.
Place your wireless repeater at the desired spot after successfully configuring your AX1500 booster to the existing network.
Firmware Update for Tp-Link AX1500
Follow the procedures below to update your Ax1500 RE505X firmware:
- All of the AX1500 RE505x’s lights should be on.
- The TP Link RE505X extender’s network should be accessible to your device.
- To access the admin page of your AX1500 Extender, you must first open tplinkrepeater.net in your browser.
- Go to the settings tab after logging in to your Ax1500.
- On the RE505X Web GUI, look for the option labelled System tools.
- You must then select the firmware upgrade option from the system tools menu.
- You can use our chat assistance if you are unable to upgrade the Ax1500 firmware.
TP-Link AX1500 Range Extender RE505X Common Issues
- The lights on the RE505X are not lighting up.
- Getting error “can’t reach this page”.192.168.1.254 IP address not reachable.
- RE505X firmware and software upgrade issue or get the default login password of the repeater.
- Couldn’t access the Tp-Link AX1500 WIFI extender setup page.
- Didn’t have the WPS button on the router.
- Can’t set up the AX1500 to the new router or modem.
- Unable to connect the device to the extender network.
- Username and password issue. The power light is not lit up on the RE505X.
TP-Link AX1500 RE505X Setup using Tether App
Over here where are discussing how to setup Tp-link AX1500 WIFI Extender Setup using the App:
- Download the Tether application on your smartphone or tablet.
- Create an account to install the AX1500 RE505X.
- Now connect the repeater to an electrical outlet and wait for the power light to illuminate.
- Go to the wireless settings option on your smartphone or tablet and connect to the TPLink Extender network.
- Open the app and follow the instruction to connect your device to the main router or modem.
For more information & troubleshooting: