The TP-link extender RE550 you already have can be used to improve the whole home’s Wi-Fi. A single router has very little Wi-Fi coverage and always has dead zones. Connecting to your existing router wirelessly with the TP-link RE550 setup process expands the Wi-Fi signal to places it can’t reach on its own. This is how it works: Enjoy having a stable network experience at home, even if you’re away from home. It uses one dedicated wifi band as backhaul and another dedicated wifi band in order to get the most out of the extra wifi.
TP link RE550 AC1900 Extender Setup
- Connect your TP link RE550 AC1900 to a power outlet near your Wi-Fi router.
- Grab a wireless device, like a laptop or smartphone.
- Search for extender network on laptop or smartphone
- Enter http://tplinkrepeater.net or http://192.168.0.254 in the address bar of your web browser.
- On this page, now you can do TP Link AC1900 setup. Then, create a password for your account.
- Finish setting up your booster to your router or modem by following the directions on all of the screens.
TP link Setup RE550 via WPS method
Follow the given steps for TP link RE550 setup:
- To set up the TP Link RE550 AC1900 extender with the WPS method, you need to press the WPS button.
- Plug the repeater in about three feet away from the main router, and then connect it to it.
- As soon as the AC1900 has power, press the WPS button.
- As soon as possible, push the same button on your wireless modem or router.
- Signal lights up, but don’t move until they’re solid. Your extender has been set up with your WiFi network.
- Getting rid of the booster and putting the TP-Link RE550 where you don’t have a stable Wi-Fi connection or network signals is what you need to do.
TP Link RE550 Firmware update | AC1900
- To make sure your RE550 has the most up-to-date software.
- The first thing to do is connect any Wi-Fi device to an AC1900 extender network.
- When you open a web browser, type tplinkrepeater.net to get to the TP Link extender’s log-in page.
- Then, you typed in the password and signed in to your repeater.
- Click on the system tool. Then select “Firmware Upgrade” from the drop-down menu.
- Hit the “Upgrade” button to start the process of installing the new version on your phone or tablet.